It's Raining Baby Showers! Let's Celebrate By Having Some Enjoyable, Old-Fashioned, Handmade Fun!

If you're planning a baby shower and would like to host an enjoyable, old-fashioned shower then you've come to the right place. "It's Raining Baby Showers" can provide you with party products, print patterns, e-patterns, e-printables, fabric, handmade dolls, a baby shower merchandise store, some baby shower decorating ideas and some freebies. We're here to help you decorate either for your baby shower. It's raining baby showers! Let's have some old-fashioned decorating fun!

Monday, December 9, 2013

My Babies In The Pumpkin Patch Skinny Custom Fabric Quilted Runner and Placemats


In our kitchen and family room we have a large country kitchen table with 6 chairs that I LOVE decorating for the various seasons and holidays. The table is long but not especially wide so it can only fit place-mats with a skinny runner down the middle. I could never find a skinny runner anywhere so I ended up folding a fabric napkin in half and using that as a runner.

This year I decided to design my own place-mats and skinny runner and thought my Babies In The Pumpkin Patch  custom fabric designs would be perfect for a skinny runner and place-mats.




LW523 Babies In The Pumpkin Patch Handmade Skinny - 30 1/2"  by 7 1/4" Custom Fabric Handmade Runner

For the skinny runner I thought my Babies In The Pumpkin Patch - Smaller custom fabric design might make a cute runner surrounded by some bright Fall colors.

So I designed a skinny runner with two rectangles of twelve of my Babies In The Pumpkin Patch - Smaller custom fabric design images surrounded by solid green rectangles on the left and right sides and a solid yellow center rectangle. I lined the back with brown quilted fabric and machine top stitched along the edges and rectangles for support.

I was pleased with the way my skinny runner turned out.  It was bright and cheery and a perfect size for our table.

Hopefully, the e-pattern will available next year so stay tuned.


LW524 Babies In The Pumpkin Patch Handmade Place-mats - 18"  by 13 1/4" Custom Fabric Handmade Place-mats - Set of 6

For the place-mats I thought a combination of my Babies In The Pumpkin Patch - Smaller custom fabric design (shown above) and my Babies In The Pumpkin Patch - Dark custom fabric design might make some adorable place-mats.

I thought a center rectangle of my Babies In The Pumpkin Patch - Dark custom fabric design bordered on the left and right hand sides with my Babies In The Pumpkin Patch - Smaller custom fabric design and surrounded by Fall themed fabric rectangles would look good. I lined the back with creme quilted fabric and machine top stitched along the edges for support.

I was also pleased with the way my place-mats turned out. They, too were bright and cheery and a perfect size for our table.

Hopefully, the e-pattern will available next year so stay tuned.

Both my skinny runner and place-mats would look great in any home and would also be very decorative for a table runner and place-mats for a colorful "Babies In The Pumpkin Patch" Fall baby shower. I know they're going to look great in my home for many Fall seasons to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment